food

To: <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: food
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:31:46 -0500
Ok, in a word? Ugghhh. I felt sucker punched at Grattan this year. In the
past 2 years we suspended our Thicko Village Sat. night soiree in order to
support the club's effort. We played (Thicktones) Fri & Sat. nights (at the
pool and under the tent) in the past 2 years. Most of you close to the
situation can make an educated guess as to why we weren't invited to play
under the tent (no, not just because we suck...) this year. I was cool with
that.

But the food this year... it was mystery meat. The first bite of shishkabob
was some part of the chick that most cultures would not  use in dog food.
Subsequent attempts to find other edible parts were unsuccessful. The beef
kabobs could have been rescued by a good veterinarian. What passed
supposedly passed for sirloin had first been rejected by the Nike factory in
some 3rd world country paying children 13 cents a day to build shoes. The
caterer was nowhere near equipped to handle the numbers we had, had nowhere
near the grill space necessary.

I understand that the food was donated by someone... and for the thought, I
thank them. But, what was the reason the superb caterer of the last 2 years
wasn't hired again? They served the best track food we'd ever had... and
plenty of it... and on time.

>From now on, I'm gonna have to reinstitute our Sat. night get together for
food and frivolity. After a long hard day of racing, (or, if your car is
running like total shit like mine was, despite our efforts...) I've need and
expect a good meal. If I have to cook it, so be it. (And I have to say that
Lithuanian sausage that Grenade's been bringin' just plain kicks ass...)

So, for Sat night at ELVF, I'll be grillin'...

WST