MidOhio Blues

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: MidOhio Blues
From: MGTD2@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 16:06:07 EDT
My thicko-mail has been bouncing back, so I thought I'd try this again.  Put
me in the sad camp at MidOhio......

My problem is, I was paddocked too close to Kansa.

I got two laps of the second Friday morning practice session and came in on a
rope.  #4 piston melted.  #3 burnt, chipped, beat with pieces of ring
imbedded in the top.  Squeeze-cast Hepolites.  I am suspecting something
caused the
rear carb to go lean and do the dirty deed.  Float looked to be only about 1/3
full. Front two looked perfect.  Plugs read like good mixture and proper heat
range.  Back two plugs were UGLY.  And, #4 was "aluminized."

I wonder if an  intermittant fuel pump failure could be the culprit.  Or
being paddocked too close to that den of debauchery-- Southwind Racing.

John Deikis aka BHT
#49 Works Midget