carb rebuild/replace price...

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: carb rebuild/replace price...
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 21:41:22 -0800 (PST)
I figure this crew is the most likely place to start.

A friend has a 36' Fleetwood motor home with a 454 Chevy in it that hasn't
been running for a bunch of years. She's trying to get it going
in order to sell it. One of the items is "rebuild the carb" - for
which she has found one place in the SF Bay area that wants $380
or so for the job.

That's probably not an unfair price for the Bay Area (shop rates
are around $85/hour here!) but I figure there's got to be a
cheaper source. (No, I'm not willing to do the rebuild for her -
I have enough projects I'm not getting to already.)

So ... I haven't been able to find out what make/model carb it is.
Perhaps there was only one used in 1985? Anyway, is there a cheaper
option?

Thanks,
chris