RE: Hoosier Street TD vs Goodyear Vintage blue streaks

To: "Fisher, Curt \(ETS - Dixon\)" <CFisher@borgwarner.com>,
Subject: RE: Hoosier Street TD vs Goodyear Vintage blue streaks
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 10:12:21 -0600
hey Curt,

I raced on A70 Hoosiers Street TDs for many years... still do on occasion.
Since the rules allow, more often I race on the 185/60 Hoosier Street TDs.
Gary kropf likes the Hoosier radial, and many others got a BF Goodrich spec
radial from Elmo at a fraction of the cost of Hoosiers... but those are all
long since spoken for.

The Hoosiers are plenty exopensive... not sure I'd want to spend the
addition $dough$ on them. Dunlop also makes an expensive tire similar to
what you describe in the Goodyears.

I get 4 to 6 races out of a set of 60's , depending on the track surface.
The 70's last longer... sometimes a season and a half if you don't flat spot
them.

The 60 series Hoosier is noticably quicker than the 70 series... but,
sometimes I get lazy and just use the 70's rather than change the rear gear
for a certain track. I think the sidewalls on the 60 series are stiffer...
as the contact patch is nearly the same as far as width goes.

VSCDA does nothave an issue with radials... unless something's changed off
season.  Personally, I don't like to race on radails. Others love the
confidance it gives upon turning the car. me... I like the slide slide slide
hook feeling of the TD's.

WST