A News Story Evolves

To: "Thicko Digest" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: A News Story Evolves
From: "Jim Hendrickson" <enjinear@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 17:25:17 -0600
Two  boys  are  playing  hockey  on  a pond in a Chicago park when a crazed
Rottweiler  suddenly  attacks  one of the boys. Thinking quickly, the other
boy takes his hockey stick, shoves it under the dog's collar, twists it and
breaks the dog's neck, saving  his friend.

A  reporter is standing by, sees the incident, and rushes over to interview
the boy.

"Young Cub Fan Saves Friend From Vicious Animal", he starts writing in
his notebook. But I'm not a Cub Fan the little boy replies. Sorry but since
we're  in  Chicago,  I just assumed you were, says the  reporter and starts
writing again.

"Sox  Fan  Rescues Friend From Horrific Attack", he writes in his notebook.
But I'm not a Sox Fan either, the little boy replies. Sorry but since we're
in  Chicago,  I just assumed you were, says the reporter and starts writing
again.

"Bears  Fan  Rescues  Friend  From  Horrific  Attack",  he  writes  in  his
notebook.
I'm not a Bears Fan either, says the boy. Oh......I assumed everyone  in
Chicago was either for the Cubs, Sox or Bears.

What team do you root for the reporter asked?

I'm  a  Packers  fan the boy replies. The reporter starts a new sheet in his
notebook and writes:

"Little Bastard From Wisconsin Kills Beloved  Family Pet"

Jim H