SOS '04 the Home Edition

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>,
Subject: SOS '04 the Home Edition
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:28:06 -0500
Hey y'all,

Apparently, Peter (Peter the Parts Pimp, PPP, or Triple P as we call him)
Caldwell of Worldwide, friend to all Spridgets, and staunch Team Thicko
supporter, and host of the last few SOS (Save our Spridgets, a sister
organization to the OSHIT group) is going to be in jolly old England during
the Thanksgiving holiday, cavorting with the Brit Spridgeteers.

So, unless a suitable venue is found (suitable as in heat and light and
space) this year, we may not have our usual Thanksgiving Flounderpalooza
(not sure whether Tutone, or some other un-named source coined the phrase
"Flounderpalooza... but I don't want to be accused of "absorbing" someone's
idea here).

At the Casa Del Flounder, I have a large dilapidated garage, that with a
shoehorn, and a bucket of grease,(and there's plenty of grease) I can get 8
or 9 cars in. Whoever the dipshit was that built the garage, apparently was
the same guy that did much of the work in my 50 yr old home... went out and
bought Time/Life books 1,2 and 3 on home improvement, and never bothered to
get 4,5 and 6. What could have been a kickass garage is ruined by a cracked
and uneven floor because they didn't reinforce the concrete. Also, they
could have built the place with a higher foundation... but, that thought
must have escaped them as well.

Back in the days of my marriage, I rented a quonset barn, that held 7 cars
and all sorts of extraneous collected crap that I'd accumulated. I lost that
storage space about 4 years ago when the property was sold to the forest
preserve. So, all that stuff came back to the Casa Del Flounder. Up until
recently, I had a storage unit at a local place... 10' x 20' that housed
"some" of the overflow. But, that's just another $125 month expense to hold
$500 worth of junk... so, I loaded up the race trailer and brought it home.

Bottom line is, I have 2+ bays in the garage piled full of Spridget stuff,
as well as my 30' race trailer. A few Thickos have agreed to come over  Sat.
to help me shovel through it all, get it organized, shelved, stacked,
marked, tossed, or given away. I'm overwhelmed by the though of tackling it
alone, so I'm grateful for the help.

SOS, the  Home Edition will take place this Sat., from 10AM to 6PM, with
PPP, Grasshopper, Tutone, and perhaps land speed record holder Craig "Fast
Eddie" Bielat in attendance. I've not opened this up for mass invite, as it
would be counter productive, I think. But, we will fire up the FlounderCam
out in the yard as we push the fleet out in order to gain some room, and as
we cook Secretariat's dick on the grille. (For those of you that wonder what
the hell that's about, I often cook one of these huge pork loins in Thicko
Village at the races...).

So, you're invited to view the FlounderCam, which should look pretty decent,
as I have a new laptop, and a way fast broadband connection here at home. To
access the cam, and the chat room, you'll need a Yahoo Instant Messenger ID
(free), and ask to enter the chat. My ID will be "Floundervision".

See youse guys online Sat.

WST
Flounder
Team Thicko