Re: first call Looooong Race

To: soavero@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: first call Looooong Race
From: "mg72racer@juno.com" <mg72racer@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:39:04 GMT
Ha! I was wheel to wheel with Mal (both of us trying
to get by Bob Wismer in the Tornado Thunderbolt) when
my car's temp gauge went from 180 to 235 and I had to
pull off.  Problem was linked to belt on the new
alternator that I got from Mal prior to the weekend.
Coincidence?  Hmmmmm......

Ron,

If we were racing taxi cabs in stop and go traffic, Id go along with that
theory.
North of five grand a sprite would be lucky if its water pump slowed down .
Wed use pump pulleys bigger than the Cooper S type if the bottom of the
cylinder
head didnt get in the way.   Short of  coming to a complete stop and blocking
all flow
I dont think thats your root cause.
       Is it possible that you were using more revs on Sunday than you felt the
need to use the previous two days?  Its a very fine line between rich and lean
at RA.
       That said Bobs old Thunderbolt made a very nice trap to block you
behind as I sailed by on the inside of turn two.

Later,
Mal