RE: 50th bday present

To: Patton Dickson <kpdii@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: 50th bday present
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 10:16:20 -0700 (PDT)
--- Patton Dickson <kpdii@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I hope they enjoy it, as the Astros have never won a
> playoff game!!!

They've won a few games, never a series (remember Mike
Scott in 1986?).  I'm an old enough fart to have
played HS ball with the 'stros leftfielder (Craig
Biggio), but I'd need an extra 60 years on top of my
age to remember the Cubbies last series championship
in 1906.  Don't know how you Cub fans do it, it's been
since 2000 since the Yanks won the series, and we're
in withdrawal (this year isn't looking too good either)...