Mid Ohio/Blackhawk

To: "Team-Thicko@Autox.Team.Net" <team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Mid Ohio/Blackhawk
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 21:59:22 +1000
Didn't make Mid-Ohio, but I did head to Blackhawk for the Looong race
weekend crewing for Grasshopper. PPP was there too and we met up with a few
other Thickos too. A good weekend was had by most (Fitz's bugeye was punted
off by an Alfa 1750 driver). The track was *very* busy with lots of cars out
at once and a very large speed differential.

After the debacle that was my trip to the BRIC (food poisoning, weekend
holed up in a bathroom in the twin cities) it was good to make it to another
race meeting.

I do hope we end up racing at Blackhawk next year in the Aussie/US challenge
series. Looks like a good Sprite track to offset RA. It looks reasonably
technical from the sidelines too which is a "good thing" (TM)

Man was it cold for a race weekend. Heard it was worse at Mid-Ohio tho'

I won't be back until Feb/March now, then after that will be the big long
racing trek that is the challenge series. There will be 1 *very* fast Aussie
Sprite there (Bill Ingham's car). Bruce and I will have 1275-powered bugeyes
that are reasonably quick, and Wendy Gibbs will have her 1100 that is not so
quick.
It will be interesting to see how the cars compare.

cheers, Mike