Race Car Numbers

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Race Car Numbers
From: Jwhlyadv@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:48:06 EDT
I have an Austin Healey 100-6 in rally car trim. It has the fender vents,
raised boot lid, Minilites, works grill etc. I haven't driven it in three years
so this weekend I got it out of storage and I sent it to the body shop today
for some minor paint work. My plan is to have this car ready to attend Mid-Ohio
and Conclave.

I would like to add race car numbers in a vintage style like the works car
had. Since my car is not a real Rally Car but a skillful forgery, and since
this
project requires a combination of obscure race car knowledge and deceit, and
since my car is not as stock as I claim it to be, I naturally turned to the
minds of Team Thicko for advice.

Any suggestions for a shop to make vinyl numbers in a vintage style so I
don't end up looking like Junior Johnson lettered my car?

Thanks,

Jim Werner
Louisville, KY