Looking for a good home......

To: "Team Thicko \(Team Thicko\)" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looking for a good home......
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@cablespeed.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:09:26 -0500
Over the last few years I've sold off my vintage race cars, except for
the most unusual one. A Class Canada sports racer.

A what? , you say...

In the late 50's and early 60's the Canadian equivalent of SCCA
developed a series of classes for home built specials. The idea was to
foster talent and innovation and make for that wonderful oxymoron, "low
cost racing". They had specs for open wheel formula cars and different
specs for closed wheel sports racers. Within each category they had sub
classes based on displacement. The specs were intentionally loose to
allow for creativity. The main constraint was that the major components
from a donor car had to come from a car that sold at that time for less
than $ 3,000 (Canadian). With that as background, here are a few details
about the car.

It is based on the 850 Mini but the Mini engine/trans is in the rear. It
has a tube space frame and is right hand drive. The front suspension is
a Mini front sub-frame assembly, sans engine. When I bought the car
there was no body work with it. I have sent pictures to, and talked with
all of the Canadian vintage racers I know, some of whom race old Class
Canada cars. Nobody has any idea what the body work looked like
originally, so they have told me, "Do what you want. Nobody can prove it
isn't right!"

Since buying the car I have acquired a fiberglass Sebring Sprite nose
that I was planning to "adjust to fit" and then try to figure out what
to do with the back half.

The car has an unusual small trailer, also made on Mini suspension
components.

I have been out of vintage racing now for 3 or 4 years and have found
that there really are other things to do with my time and money. It is
unrealistic to think I'll ever finish and race the car, so I've decided
to part with it.

 Oh, by the way, the car has never been licensed for the street. It has
always been a race car so if you might be thinking about making it a
street car, there are additional hurdles you might face in getting it
registered.

I am asking $ 2500 for the car, trailer and Sebring Sprite nose, but I
would consider a reasonable offer. Even considering the time and money
it will take to get it ready for racing, it will still be an inexpensive
entry into vintage racing. For sure, it will always be one of the most
unusual cars on the track

If you are much over 6', this is probably not the car for you unless you
know a good orthopedic surgeon who could do a little nip and tuck on
your legs.

If you'd like to see what it looks like, send me a reply and I'll send
you some .jpg format pix. These will include the Sprite nose sitting on
it to give you some idea of how much it would take to modify it

If you are curious, send me back an e mail or call me at (517) 655-2829.

Gerry Brazil aka "The Scoutmaster"