Thinning out the library

To: "Team Thicko \(Team Thicko\)" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thinning out the library
From: "Gerald Brazil" <gerrybraz@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 11:47:27 -0500
I've decided to thin out my library. Here is a listing of what I have
available. In order to set prices, I have checked to see if the books
are available on Bookfinder.com which is one of the best sites I have
found for used books. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised to see
that many of these are falling into the "collectible" category. I have
given the range of prices being asked and then listed my price, which is
generally less.

If there are a number of them you want, we can always negotiate a little
better price for volume purchases. I will pack them for no charge but
will expect you to pay the postage. If you aren't in a big hurry you can
save money by having me send them "Media Mail".

If there is anything you are interested in, please let me know within a
week because after that, I am going to list them outside of the Thickos.

Book list

1) Stirling Moss: My Cars, My Career. Stirling Moss and Doug Nye hb 1987
First Edition. Dust jacket,  very good condition  BF= $235 (the only one
available is a leather bound first edition signed by Moss..mine is not
in that league) My price =  $ 25

2) Modern Classics: The Great Cars of the Postwar Era. Rich Taylor. 1988
edition published by Beekman House. Hb dust jacket, good condition (some
tears in dust jacket. BF = $15-$44 My price = $12

3) Illustrated Triumph Buyer's Guide. Richard Newton. 1984 pb. Very good
condition. BF $ 5- $81  My Price =  $5

4) Theory and Practice of Cylinder Head Modification. David Visard.
1971/1991

pb. Very good condition.  BF=  $52  My Price = $40

5) Auto Pioneering. A Remarkable Story of Ransom E. Olds. Duane Yarnell,
1949 hb. Dust jacket, very good condition.  BF = $35-$50  My Price = $30

6) The New Formula One -  A Turbo Age. Niki Lauda. Hb. Dust jacket, very
good condition.  BF= $3-$45  My Price = $3

7) Legend of the Lotus Seven. Dennis Ortenburger. 1981 hb, dust jacket,
condition fair..some to corners. BF = $38- $125  My Price = $35

8) Aston Martin V8. Michael Bowler. 1985 hb  dust jacket, very good
condtion.BF= $20-$50  My Price = $15

9) A Guide to American Sports Car Racing. William S. Stone. 1960/1971 hb
dust jacket, good condition, some wear on dust jacket. BF = $5-$50  My
Price= $5

10) Automobile Quarterly. Vol 15 # 4  1977 hb. No dust jacket. This
issue contains two article of interest.."Wackey Stanley Harold Arnold II
and His Cars", and " Arnolt-Bristol Road Impressions." Good condition.
BF= $12-$22  My Price =$12

11) Sprite-MG Midget Handbook and Service Manual ; A Clymer publication.
Sometime before 1973 pb. Poor condition. Some loose pages. BF = $36  My
Price = $10

12) Handbook Guide: Motor Cars 1770-1940 Juraj Porazik hb. No dust
jacket, very good condition. BF = $3-$34  My Price = $4

13) Prepare to Win. Carroll Smith. 1975 pb good condition.  BF= $18-$60
My Price = $15

14) Engineer to Win. Carroll Smith. 1984 pb good condtion  BF = $13-$25
My Price =  $12

15) How To Make Your Car Handle. Fred Puhn  pb fair condition  BF= $8
My Price = $8

16) Formula Car Technology. Howdy Holmes amd Don Alexander. 1980. pb.
Good condition.  BF= $12-$45   My Price = $12

17) Vol 1. How to Build Horsepower. David Vizard. 1990 pb. A little dog
eared.BF= $8-$38   My Price = $8

18) Brake Handbook. Fred Phun. Date? Pb  good condition. BF = $59-$90
My Price = $45