Re: [Thicko] LBC racecar wanted

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Thicko] LBC racecar wanted
From: Chris Thompson <chris@cthompson.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 00:40:53 -0400
if he's looking for a race-prepared tiger, those are few and far between.

www.wirewheels.com always has LBC cars to drool over at fair prices, and
the owner seems to be a good guy.  but there are tons of other
opprortunities out there, too.

i bought my vintage lotus formula ford 51c on
http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/classes.htm.
it's really the site if you're serious about vintage racing......

but as an instructor for these kinds of things, i would recommend that
he first and foremost spend as much seat time as possible in whatever
car is most available to him.  driver training is far more important
than the car he is driving.....

Ron Soave wrote:
> The recent crowd we had in our Blackhawk paddock seems to have paid off - I
>have a friend starting to look in earnest for something British to take
>vintage racing. He is from the UK and used to rally. If you have or know of
>something TURNKEY, please let me know. He's looking to get to a driver's
>school in the Fall. He and I both live in Roscoe IL, very near Blackhawk
>Farms, but anything will be considered.
>
> Thanks,
> Ron

Team-thicko@autox.team.net