RE: Fuel Pumps

To: <STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com>, <TIGERS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: RE: Fuel Pumps
From: Jay Laifman <JLAIFMAN@PNM.MHS.CompuServe.COM>
Date: 21 May 96 18:59:43 EDT
Stu writes:

  "What do you all think of this? So I suddenly had this
great idea:  Two fuel pumps, mounted in series . . .
If the engine falters, I hit the panic button, starting
the other pump.  Is this crazy or what?"

Not at all, only purely British - just showing you how far this car has
seeped into your system.  British cars are full of "secondary" devices.
For example, take the starter on my Alpine.  It has this really neat
little knob you can turn with a wrench anytime it jams up.  Wow, what a
concept.  My other cars certainly don't have it.  Only the real problem
is that my other car's starters don't jam!

Before you know it, you will be telling us you have bottled smoke to put
back in the electrical system.

Jay

Jay S. Laifman
Pircher, Nichols & Meeks