Re: Dana colours

To: BMcgu22954@aol.com
Subject: Re: Dana colours
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 97 7:58:39 PDT

> Yes,
> The cast iron center section should be painted reddish orange.
> One of the best color matches is Red Insulating Enamel, (electrical
> insulation coating)
> used on armatures. I've read the purpose behind this is to enhance oil flow.
> All Tiger & Cobra rearends I have worked on have this coating somewhere under
> 25+ years of gunk.

> Bruce McGuire

Bruce,

Good input on the diff case color.  This a question I've been meaning to
ask too.  I wonder if Red Insulating Enamel is available in Santa Clara
Country?  No other decent paints are these days.  Maybe it can be mail
ordered?

Guess I could leave it grime black to match the rest of the underside.

Roland