Re: bleeding me dry

To: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Subject: Re: bleeding me dry
From: Will Seay <wseay@sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 14:42:14 -0400
Paul Burr wrote:

> Scott Lampert wrote:
> >
> > I just replaced my master break cylinder and i need to bleed the system.
> > Does the break servo unit have any effect, do I need to run the motor?
> > Also i see that there is one line leaving the servo, so which  wheel
> > cylinder do I bleed first?
Scott,

Didn't think that bleeding procedure could be controvertial, but here
goes:

The shop manual recommends that brakes be bled in the order LF, RF, LR.
There is no bleed point at RR because the bleed fitting is removed and
the brake line to LR connected there.  The line from the brake servo
goes to a 4-way fitting on the RF fender.  The brake light switch
connects there too.  From there lines go to LF, RF and RR.  The LR is in
series with the RR as described above.

Shop manual says don't run the engine during the bleed process.
--
Will Seay - B382001570 - wseay@sprynet.com