Kit Car Web Site

To: Tigers Den <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Kit Car Web Site
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 08:06:45 +0100
No Tiger content, but a good web site reference!

Back in the late 50's we used to have a saying that went something like
this: "Give a German a bit of steel, and he will build you a car built
like a tank. Give an Italian a bit of aluminum, and he will build you
something beautiful. Give an Englishman a bit of fiberglass, and he will
build something silly."

Well, times have changed. In the late 70's Jay and I built a fiberglass
bodied "hand-crafted" (kit) car. It looks (still have it) like a cross
between a Ferrari and a new Lotus, with a bit of Battlestar Galactica
thrown in. The one piece top/windshield/side windows lifted up on
actuators like a jet canopy. Really drives the kids wild.

Anyway, the car was a Sebring and was a reproduction (rip-off) of a
Sterling which was originally an early 70's English kit called a Nova.
Here the "Englishman" said a lot of original ideas in fiberglass,
putting an end to my quoted stereotype. Based on a VW Chassis it
sequentially had a stock engine, a 12 lb boost turbo, and know a 2.8
liter Fiero V-6 (best choice, but a lot of work).

Anyway, in looking for that Tiger Watch, I ran across a link to a
British Kit Car web site. Pretty interesting to see what's going on
"across the pond".

<http://www.hcds.demon.co.uk/>

Steve
--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                         _/
                    _/_/_/