Re: Lucas light identification

To: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Lucas light identification
From: "Bill and Carol Rogers" <milward@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 21:39:23 -0700
Yep, standard '60's and later Lucas 5" auxiliary lamps - 576 is the model
#.  They came as Spots (clear) or fogs (fluted), both base mount like yours
and rear mount.  Rallyists always used the rear mount fogs as high speed
reversing lights.  The base mount should have a threaded hollow tube for
the wire with a big nut to hold it to a bracket or bumper valence.  It
should have a spherical base and a matching mount ring that allows
adjustment: yours should move. Lucas also made 7' lights (700 series).
Taylor's Tiger book p136 shows both types on Harper's '65 Alpine car.  Moss
Motors builds replicas if you need parts. The covers are probably worth
more than the lights!

Bill Rogers
B9472703