Tiger identification manual

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tiger identification manual
From: tiger technologies <tartanad@ix21.ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 10:10:44 +0000
To All:
Judging from all the communication--pro and con--regarding Tiger
Technologies' decision to produce a manual on how to identify a "real Tiger"
it is apparent there are two schools of thought: 1-Only a select few
"experts" in the country are worthy enough of identifying a true Tiger and
unless this group places its sticker on your chassis, you have no assurance
of what you own or are looking to purchase. This group looks at a parts and
design and fabrication manual as sacrilege since the manual merely allows
anyone to "build" a Tiger out of an Alpine.

The other school of thought is that since it is virtually impossible in most
parts of the country (world) to get someone to authenticate their Tiger, any
help in the identification process is a plus.

Our position is that since Tigers are now going up in value, it is more
important than ever that potential buyers have a manner to prevent them from
being stung by spending $30,000 on a car really worth $10,000. And we firmly
believe that the few guys out there who already know how to build perfect
conversions certainly would have no use for any manual we could publish.

So the bottom line is: how can prospective buyers and current owners be
helped in identifying their vehicles as actual Tigers...

It is high time that the only existing certification group in the country
takes a more pro-active position and provides some methods to help out those
with questions about their car' authenticity. Maybe it's an 800 number. Or a
website hotline. Or something else...like a trouble spot identification
manual available to the general Tiger public.But something must be done...NOW!

And perhaps those on the other side who just want some way of verifying what
they're driving have some suggestions as well.

Jan and I are open to a middle ground solution. But a solution must be
found. Therefore, we are going to hold off on any action until March 1st
before proceeding. In the meantime, fax us, call us, E-mail, write
us...hell, send up smoke signals if you wish, giving us alternatives.

We await your reaction and comments.

Jeff/TT