Re: Painted ID plates

To: "FrizB MG" <FrizBMG@aol.com>, <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Painted ID plates
From: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@mintcity.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 19:15:40 -0500
You've probably heard this a lot already, but no it is not leagle to remove
the vin plate and reinstall it on the same car. Many Tiger folk get very
upset about this, as the original rivets seem to be the single most
important part of the car.
but again, it ain't leagle, and could possibly cause a problem for you.
Doug Leithauser

----------
> From: FrizB MG <FrizBMG@aol.com>
> To: tigers@autox.team.net
> Subject: Painted ID plates
> Date: Thursday, January 22, 1998 12:55 AM
>
>  Hi
>  I am new to this list but not so new to Tigers.I have had mine for
almost 2
> years now!This is my first serious work on this particular car.(Ihave
> previously been all through MGBs)It has the engine  and trans out for
> rebuilding,the interior and wiring harness out too,to fix frame rust.It
has
> been quite a project.The finished product will be quite rewarding.
>  My question is this: The previous owner had it painted.The car was
painted
> with "Ditzler acrylic lacquer"all over.Including the chassis ID plate and
JAL