Re: GEARBOX

To: Tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: GEARBOX
From: TigerCoupe@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 03:39:33 EDT
Avast Listers!

 All heed within the sound of my voice, and note well this little known fact
of Tiger Lore:  In response to the postings regurgitated below, as of  8/27/98
3:23:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time, rootes1@best.com has spoken, and the gospel
according to the Curmudgeon who lives under the bridge is:
                              HEH-E   MK I
                              HEH-CF  MK II
Hear, hear!  As it is written, so it shall be.

Aye, duly note ye naysayers, that he spake HEH-CF, and that reference was made
not to any device or apparatus known by the title of HEH-B. And some say, how
can this be so, since all of the sacred publications in Tigerdom, including
the manual cited below wherein Lord Rootes himself recounts that this
description indeed, is the one most deserving of this honour?

Verily I say unto you, go ye forth now, and seeketh confirmation of the answer
in the International Registry of Sunbeam Tigers, which, having been carefully
and laboriously copied from hieroglyphics entered into a ledger by the four
scribes of Jensen during ancient times, is now and forever preserved in
Chapter 11 of The Book of Norman.

You can also crawl under any MK II and see that the transmission serial number
tag reads HEH-CF, not HEH-B.

Dick Barker

P.S. Steve, all your info identifying trannys and bell housings was great
(except for one itty-bitty detail).  That part about the different diameter
bearing retainers really bit me the first time I tried to shove the big
retainer into the small hole. Did you know there is also a 5-bolt bellhousing
with the large diameter bore?