Crash

To: Ken Tisdale <ktisdale@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Crash
From: Mark Rudnicki <markr@advdata.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 20:20:23 -0500
Murphy's Law strikes again...

I bought my Tiger several months ago, but finally got a chance to take her
out for my first drive on the open road after fixing the brake servo and
bleeding the brakes.  This first trip was only a short one, less than a
quarter mile just to see if the brakes and what not were working
correctly.  I stopped at a turn-around on the boulevard in front of my
street.  When the traffic cleared, I gave her some gas, but she stalled.
No big deal.  I was just about to start her up again when - bam!  the
driver waiting behind me in the turn around runs right into me!  I
couldn't believe what just happened.  This yoyo, after seeing the traffic
clear and hearing the sound of my engine rev (right before it stalled)
punched the gas without even looking in front of him.

I could go on trying to describe how I have some of the worst luck and how
senile drivers are a menace to society and shouldn't be allowed on the
road, but I'll get to the point.  The damage was moderate, I guess, with
shallow denting limited to the back rear fender from the bumper to over
the top of the wheel well.  At this point I'm not sure what path I should
take in making the repairs.  I'm thinking about just getting the damage
fixed and repainting that area of the car to its non-original dark green.
I was also planning on stripping the body down, getting it dipped, and
bringing it back to its original green some time in the next few years.
Perhaps it would make more sense to hold off on fender until this time.

Anyone have any advice on the matter.  Anyone have any suggestions for
reputable repair shops?  I live in southeast Michigan.

Thanks,

Mark Rudnicki