Re: Disassembly

To: Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com
Subject: Re: Disassembly
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:51:03 -0800
At 02:15 PM 11/23/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I am stripping my Tiger and Series 5 for a trip to the media blaster.  How
>do I get the wiper arms off.  How do I get the wiper washer jets off?
>
>Thanks,
>Chris

        Arms:   Look for the small (1/8") wide retainer clips under the "arm"
side
of the wiper.  A small flat blade screwdriver is used to press upward on
this clip, which pulls it out from beneath the splined head.  At the same
time a wider blade screwdriver is used to press upwards (on the axis of
rotation) on the opposite side.  Once the retainer has passed the bottom of
the splined head, apply pressure evenly to both screwdrivers to lift it
straight off.  Jets:  The jets are threaded 10-32 into the adapters below
the cowel. Simply unscrew them ( lefty loosy) and lift off the chrome
ellipse.  The rubber grommet can be pushed out when you remove the adapter
to the inside.

Tom