Re: inquiry 031199c

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: inquiry 031199c
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 23:43:32 EST
Dave,
        We don't salt here, and 30 year old dried lifting undercoating is an
ideal
parking place for water and other nasties. Rust in Sunbeams is expected in
those places.  Here in the Northwest, rust starts where undercoating once was,
and has failed: we still have a few original 1940s and up, Buicks, Olds.
Chevys, Fords, Mercs, etc. that were never undercoated that are virtually
perfect underneath cruising around town, as daily drivers.  Twenty-five miles
south of Seattle in Sumner, WA.  there are two old guys with original model T
Fords that are daily drivers!  There are more Ford Falcons and Dodge Darts per
capita here than anywhere in the world.  I am regularly amazed at what I find
in backyards and alleys: I know of several Jags that are
sitting...waiting...Three are Mk1's or Mk2's, two are XJ 6's, and there are 2,
420's as well.  None have any real rust, yet they have had a long life and are
sitting outside.
Just say NO to salt!
Jim