RE: Contact Cement - Dashes and Dashtops

To: "'Jay Laifman'" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>,
Subject: RE: Contact Cement - Dashes and Dashtops
From: Bill Gegg <billgegg@ci.antioch.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 09:10:48 -0700
Typically, small dowels are placed on one contact surface and then the
other contact piece is placed on top of the dowels so that you have a dowel
sandwich.  At this point, no parts of one contact piece are touching the
other piece.  The top piece is aligned as carefully as possible and then
one of the dowels, at one of the ends, is removed so that two very small
pieces of contact material join.  If all looks good, the dowels are slowly
removed and the contact pieces are allowed to "make contact" .  Use a
rolling pin from the kitchen to roll over the pieces.