inquiry 041499a

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 041499a
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 08:19:23 -0400
        Distant relative to the Tiger, thought I'd mention it...
        Got my Classic & Sportscar May issue last night; throughout the
issue I think I only saw the word "Tiger" once. However, buried in the
classifieds I see: a Brabham Cob? What the heck is that?
        I read on, It's a Commer Cob (apparently a Hillman Husky panel
truck) with a 1725 engine and other Brabham modifications. So, roughly
the same _platform_ as a Tiger. Advertised as one of six made, 3,500
pounds Sterling, so somewhat over five thousand dollars, I have not
checked the exchange rates recently. Never, _ever_, heard of one, I've
only seen one photo of a Commer Cob at all. While not in Tiger
performance territory, it should be peppy. Probably gone by now. Perhaps
someone on the Alpine List knows more about these. So, in addition to
Shelby/Jensen, Herrington's, Lotus and Holbay (and, most of all, us!),
here's somebody else who has delved into tweaking Rootesmobiles.
        Would make a neat advertising vehicle for some Rootes-related
business (doesn't Norm featues a Husky on his web page?). Eh, whatever,
just thought I'd mention it.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP