Re: Another Oil Filter Adapter?

To: sbrennan@master.ncounty.net
Subject: Re: Another Oil Filter Adapter?
From: comorgan@juno.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 21:25:02 -0600

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999 15:50:41 -0400 Stu Brennan
sbrennan@master.ncounty.net> writes:
I just changed the oil on my wife's Aerostar, with the 4.0L V6.  The oil
filter was hanging on the end of a right angle adapter similar to the
Motorsports piece I have on the Tiger, but it seems to hang down further,
and has an added ear on the block end to prevent rotation.

Stu

Your post reminds me of changing the oil and filter on my wife's
Expedition ('98).  The filter is a remote setup accessible under the
front driver's fender.  Very convenient as most things on this vehicle
are very tight.  The filter has lines from the engine (5.4l) to the
filter.  Looks real neat.  Perhaps a source for a Tiger in the future.  I
still haven't been able to spot the distributor, spark plug wires, or
sparkplug on this engine.  The check engine light recently came on and
wouldn't go away.  Finally figured the gas cap (which is a strange half
turn cap) had not been turned the appropriate half turn.  Luckily my wife
didn't call a tow truck!  Isn't OBC -II (or whatever) wonderful.

Cliff  9471187