Oil Pressure Fluctuation

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Pressure Fluctuation
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 11:43:14 EDT
Egad, the oil pressure in my Tiger suddenly appears to be fluctuating all
over the place.  It always seemed to go up about 10-15 psi off idle to
cruising RPM, but now the pressure is varying from 15 to 75 psi independent
of RPM.  Oil level is good.  Connections to the gauge seem tight. I'm running
a high pressure oil pump. Stock oil pan. 10W-40 oil. Stock oil pressure gauge.

I plan to hook a different meter to the outlet this weekend and check if the
gauge is operating properly.  If it is, could it be the regulator on the oil
pump?  How tough is it to change the oil pump while the motor is in the car?

TIA.