Re: Heat Shield(s)

To: "'Tigers'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Heat Shield(s)
From: Bennett Cullen-P21988 <Cullen_Bennett-P21988@email.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 14:21:52 -0700
>Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 21:51:50 -0400
>From: John Slade <edalsj@igs.net>
>Subject: Re: Tiger engine misc.>
>
>I noted the reference to engine mount heat shields and the Cullen
>drawing on Mark Olson's page. There is only one drawing, suggesting both
>sides are the same, yet in the covering text, it warns against
>exchanging the two shields, suggesting there are differences. Can anyone
>enlighten me?
>
>Thanks>
>
>John Slade
>B9470349
John,
It has been a few years since that drawing was posted, but the shields are
interchangeable. I made mine out of a piece of stainless steel sheet for two
reasons. first most stainless steel doesn't rust readily (some versions do)
and second stainless does not conduct heat readily. You want a shield that
simply blocks the header heat from roasting the rubber in the motor mount.
The text included with the heat shield is saying that the motor mount(s)
themselves, NOT the shield, is reversible which can shift the relative
position of the engine in the compartment. Sorry for not making that point
clear.

Cullen Bennett B9472658
Tempe, Arizona USA