RE: Oil line routing

To: "Steve Laifman" <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: RE: Oil line routing
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 11:59:24 -0700
Thanks Steve.  Actually, ALL the hoses are rubber!!  Yes, thanks to "space
aged" research, the new Airquip lines are actually made out of rubber or a
nylon/rubber/Teflon hybrid.  And they are rated at 450+ degrees.
Personally, I don't like the idea of SS braided lines when it comes to the
remote oil filter.  My gut feeling is that they retain too much
heat......and more importantly, like you observed, they may indeed mask an
oil leak....heaven forbid!

Regards,

Allan