Re: Re-silvering of Mirrors

To: pete_stanisavljevich@valpak.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re-silvering of Mirrors
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 13:08:35 -0700 (PDT)
>Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 18:49:27 -0400
>From: "Pete Stanisavljevich" <pete_stanisavljevich@valpak.com>
>Subject: Re-silvering of Mirrors
>
>Listers,
>
>Does anybody know a place that will re-silver a mirror. As in the
>rearview kind?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Peter S.
>B9471799

Unless this mirror has a really odd ball shape, it will probably be
cheaper to replace the mirror than to have it re-silvered.  I had a
replacement made for my Cobra's rear view mirror at a glass shop a few
years back.  The shop didn't have mirror stock of the correct thickness
so I bought one of those sun visor clip-on mirrors at an auto parts
store for about $3 and had the glass shop cut it to the correct shape
using my old mirror as a pattern.  It took all of 5 minutes.  The shop
didn't even charge me for the labor.  You could even do it yourself with
a glass cutter and a sanding disk if you're good at that sort of thing.
I'm not.

Roland