California - two plates versus one

To: "Tiger Owners" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: California - two plates versus one
From: "Allan Connell" <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:07:57 -0700
Listers,

This pertains to a current thread about license plates in California.  If
you are not interested, now is the time to use your DELete key.....

A week or two ago, I promised to check with a friend of mine who is a CHP
officer (motorcycle,) about the one or two license plate issue we were
discussing here.  The following is his reply as well as my original
question:

The one plate is for Motorcycles etc...Your car at one time was issued two
plates...Maybe you can call the previous owner and track it down or
otherwise you are eligible for a citation....so sorry, your sunbeam will
just have to get a newer looking plate if ya can't find the other one....You
could get one of those vanity plates...
Allan Connell wrote:
> Hey Joe,
>
> Sorry to bother you with a "non-joke" email.....more to come soon
BTW....but