Tiger Surge

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Tiger Surge
From: Michael McBeth <mmcbeth@compusmart.ab.ca>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 20:37:15 -0700
Just thought I would give the list an update on my surge problem from over a
month ago. As you may recall my modified Tiger had never run right since its
heart transplant, with an annoying surge (or miss?) particularly noticeable at
3000 rpm. Three different mechanics checked the timing and carb function
before I threw myself on the mercy of the list.

To make a long story short, mechanic #4 checked the timing marks and found
that 10 degrees of advance was marked 0 degrees. Thus my car has been starting
with 17 degrees of advance and at just before 3000 rpm it had around 45
degrees: good thing I didn't try the Nitrous! With a more normal advance curve
it now wants to spin the tires at the slightest touch of the gas; just in time
for the snow. Sometimes it pays to recheck the most simple things, Thanks to
all who offered advice, my car will be ready to fly in the spring.

Michael