Re:keeping mice away

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:keeping mice away
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2000 20:48:27 -0700
By whatever method you choose keep those mice away. The PO of my car let a
rat roost in the trunk. He made his home (and I do mean home, there were
four baby rats there too) in the trunk behind and under the drivers side gas
tank. I do not know what killed them, but after I removed the leather like
body (he was so stiff that even pulling with pliers he would not bend and
eventually I had to pull the tank) there was that ODER to contend with. I
removed every trace of "Stinky' and his family. I accidentally flooded the
area with gas (the end result of pulling the tank - hint: know, don't just
think its empty). By the way as I scrambled to stop the (rapidly) leaking
gas I knocked over the open bulb light that was iluminating the area!!!
Well, that potentially might have gotten rid of the smell??? I sprayed
Lysol. Yet a year later (especially when its damp) it still reeks. So aside
from accidentally blasting a hole in the side of your Tiger do all you can
to keep hose mice away. I am hoping that POR-15 seals out more than just
rust!!! Tom