Re: Finding out what a Tiger can do

To: "Rose, Mark" <mrose@ou.edu>
Subject: Re: Finding out what a Tiger can do
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 10:28:36 -0800
Mark tells of his throttle cable experience. Here is a little on mine.

Well, Mark

Quite a story.  I guess you are experiencing "Learning" the old
fashioned way.  {9->

A word of caution on that accelerator pedal adjustment.  I know you are
now thrilled you can get the throttle full open, but there is a caution
here.  While the original "cable", is really a sheathed rod, when the
carb throttles are full open they hit an internal stop.  Any further
pulling on the lever just put strain on the "cable".  The harder you
push the pedal, the more strain.

Mine was mal-adjusted, after installing the F4B and Holley, as it really
needs Sunbeam Specialties longer cable and a new carb mounted cable
holder.  I broke the cable attachment at the swage and had no
accelerator.  Limped home on fast idle.

There are adjustments on the pedal to stop its movement, once the
throttle plates are fully open.  Simply have someone hold the throttle
open, and adjust the stop so you can't push the pedal any further down.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

http://www.TigersUnited.com/gallery/SteveLaifman.asp

                            _/
                     _/_/_/