Re: Mountain Air?

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: Mountain Air?
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 08:16:08 -0800
D.J.,

600 feet?

I'm on a small hill in the valley that's higher than that.
Unfortunately our gas station is not.  Now I do have this car battery
connected Sears tire pump. Think that would work?  I also have a bicycle
pump, but can't get the ol' back to handle that for bicycles, much less
cars.

Now, If I could find my old barometer, maybe I could compensate the
pressure for the altitude, and inflate them higher on my hill so when I
got to the bottom, the pressure wouldn't be too low. Maybe 1 mm of Hg?

In an effort to reduce unsprung weight, and lighten the car for
increased acceleration, I once inflated my tires with helium gas.  I
don't know if it was a success, or not, because by the time I got to the
"speed test strip" in a hidden street near me, my tires were flat.
Maybe Chrome Mylar tires (with polka dots) would have kept the gas in
better?

Next time I'm going to try Nitrous Oxide.  That ought to be a laugh.

{9->

Steve

--
Steve Laifman        < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/