oil adapter-stock exhaust manifold

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil adapter-stock exhaust manifold
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 18:10:47 -0800
There has been a bit of talk about the Motorsports filter adapter for the
Tiger and it working with "Stock Tiger" cast exhaust manifolds. This left me
to question if my cast manifolds in fact were "Stock Tiger". Coincidently
someone has such and item for sale on E-bay and I (not wealthy enough to lay
out $455 for TBON) copied the numbers for furture reference. Curiosity got
the best of me and I decided to verify what I had. Well, the passenger side
is not too hard, but the drivers side has the numbers cast right in front of
the motor mount. I tried flashlights, mirrors and body twist previously
unknown to no avail. Then it dawned on me, my kids have playdough! An
appropriate sized piece was pressed onto a 2"x 8" sheet of cardboard. I then
slid this down to the wedge between the mount and manifold and pressed an
inprint with a long screwdriver. It works! I would recommend that you put
baby powder on the side that will face the manifold so it doesn't stick. So,
if the bug to find out bites you this should take some of the sting out of
the process. And yes, I do have the correct manifolds. Tom Witt B9470101