Re: PCV Connections

To: Larry Rominger <larrydr1@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: PCV Connections
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 20:17:16 -0800
Larry Rominger wrote:

> I was getting the Tiger dusted off for spring and summer fun when I recalled a
> thread on this list addressing PCV connections and possible engine damage.
> Currently the valve cover with the PCV connection is attached to a vacuum port
> on the carb body. The other valve cover merely has an open cover and vents to
> the air. Does this side need to be connected to the air cleaner via vacuum
> hose or is my set up OK? This is on a 289, not a 260. Any assistance is
> welcomed.
>
> Larry Rominger
> B9473280

Larry,

The proper usage of the PVC system, which does NOT harm performance, is to have
sealed oil filler cap that is connected with a hose to the port on the stock air
cleaner that is inside the air filter. It allows clean air to enter the sump,
purging the crankcase fumes through the combustion chambers via the PCV valve.
This only occurs during non-power applications and is beneficial to the engine
and the environment.

--
Steve Laifman        < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/