Re: What to do with Mistaken Impression

To: TIGEROOTES@aol.com, MrZAG57@aol.comalpines@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: What to do with Mistaken Impression
From: MrZAG57@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 20:00:42 EST
In a message dated 3/6/2001 10:26:11 PM, TIGEROOTES@aol.com writes:

<< Eric,
  I got the mistaken impression you were annoyed at me or at the Tiger
community in general...and unfortunatly, I dropped one important sentence in
my reply to you: it remained in RAM (cut and paste).  I had planned to say
the Solo-2 (HA! it was SOLO-1) event I ran in Northern California was the
only time I can recall in almost 25 years where an Alpine actually had an
even chance or an edge over its competition by where it was classed in that
region.  No offense taken by me, and I hope none by you.
Jim >>

I am not nor was I ever annoyed with you OR anyone in the Tiger community. I
own a Tiger and love all of the Alpines & Tigers. I own 13 Alpines including
the race car. All of them in dry storage for that someday.

In regards to Solo events, I have raced three different alpines in Solo
events & Hillclimbs. Back in the 70's and early 80's I was involved in a
great little sports car club called Illinois Valley Sports Car Club. IVSCC
for short. We ran solo events from the end of march until the beginning of
November. The two highlights of our year were our Spring and Fall hillclimbs
held at Detweiller Park, Peoria, Illinois. The course ran up and through the
river bluff overlooking the Illinois River. These hillclimbs were conducted
from 1958 until 1987 when insurance and park regulations killed the events
and eventually the club. We drew entrants from all over the midwest. These
evnst were well run and FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My stock series II always finished in the top three in F Street. I don't
remember everything that ran in the class, but it was competitive. I also ran
a Street Modified Series II a number of years. The last three events I
participated in were with my Race Car, I handily won F Prod.

Your tips about cam shafts through Delta and my investigations of what they
have helped me a lot in the choice I made for the engine I am building. So I
owe you for your assistance and direction.

Lastly, I have never had a beef with any of the Tiger racers. I would love to
own the Queen car. It is stunning and I would love to try to compete against
all my vintage corvette and shelby mustang and cobra friends with it.

Eric