RE: Electric Fan Wiring

To: wittsend@jps.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Electric Fan Wiring
From: "Mark Meswarb" <meswarb@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 21:32:14 -0600
Wow!

Once again this list is overwelming with GREAT advice.  Although some of you
scare me.  I work in the nuclear industry and wonder if any of you might be
with the NRC.  I may regret it later, but I do not intend to run redundant
fans or rendundant switches.  At least with the Tiger, the consequences
aren't quite as severe.

The thermostatic switch I'm using is designed to be tie-wrapped to the upper
radiator hose.  I intend to tie-wrap it to the lower hose at the radiator
water neck.  I want a low profile installation.  My radiator is a Reisentz
work of art and I wouldn't let anything touch it.  I even  hard mounted the
fan.  What I'm really wondering is: Does anyone see a reason NOT to use the
small lead off the starter relay to tap my power?  It is only hot with the
iginition switch on.

Thanks again everyone,
Mark