Re: hardtop windows

To: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Subject: Re: hardtop windows
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 20:41:46 -0500
At 08:16 PM 3/12/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Here's one worth looking into. Many years ago, I knew an Alpine owner who
>used a Chevy Nova back window glass for his hardtop rear window. I think it
>was an 70-73 vintage back glass that was cut down and used.
>Anyone else  hear of this one?
>
>Paul Burr

Paul,
        I checked on that some time ago.  According to the info
I received, you need NEW glass as used glass has scratches in it
that makes it very difficult to "cut" without the cuts going off
into a scratch.  Second you need a person who is willing to try
to cut the glass.  Have to cut the glass both inside and out due
to the "safty glass" plastic insert and then cut the plastic.
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others