Re: SUNI Tapes

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SUNI Tapes
From: RSpontelli@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:52:26 EST
Per Darrell Brunn, SUNI Tapemeister:

There are two SUNI tapes, Volume I and Volume II.  Each runs 60 minutes.

Volume I is mainly highlights of the SUNI event at Snowmass, Colorado in
1989.  It was an international event and cars were driven and shipped in from
all over the world.

There are bits from registration, show and shine, concourse, tech sessions,
autocross and special interview bits showing special cars, such as:

* John Washim's 1964 Lister Tiger, one of 3 in the world

*Bill Van Valkenberg's Sunbeam Harrington, 1 of 1 in existence (won 1st in
class at Pebble Beach Concourse de Elegance 1st time out)

*Ed leslie's 1957 Sunbeam Rapier, early Series I

*Keith Bradley's Sunbeam Talbot convertible, shipped from England to Texas
and driven to Colorado

*Troy Cooper's '63 Sunbeam Alpine, ground-up restoration and all 24 ct gold
plated $18,000 detailing

* Bill Miller, with the Hollywood Sports Car #44, along with Doane talking
about the car and some of the modifications

Then there's:

* The SUNI autocross and results

* Memorabilia and the Sunbeam jingle

*  About 30 minutes of the banquet, with Bruce Fountain, m.c.

* A brief history of Sunbeams

* Intro of club presidents

* Sid Silverman, Lister Tiger owner, background on Sidney Allard's influence
on Sunbeams.

* Keith Bradley, 1953 vintage Sunbeam Talbot

* Doane Spencer

* Presentation of trophies

* Tom Ehrhart, presentation of gold bracelet to Laura Garrad, widow if Ian
Garrad, in acknowledgment of their great contribution to the marque.

Volume II is mostly interviews with the VIPs--the majority being of Doane
Spencer talking about the Hollywood Tiger.  Also Keith Bradley and a few
others with special interest Sunbeams.

Doane's creativity and humor is clear and his love for racing and winning.

The tapes will be between $25 and $30, each.  We will notify you when they
are available.  It will probably be several weeks before we are ready.
 Thanks for your interest.

Darrell Brunn