Re: Delete to avoid Getting Smart

To: Dick Barker <dickbarker@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Delete to avoid Getting Smart
From: SJC Worldwide <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:31:15 -0800
Hello Sunbeamers:
The first Tiger we bought in 1985 was a red MK1A with  non-stock wheels of
aluminum and gold finish. The wheels were definitely an after market item and
distinctive. (I was never that fond of them) We were told at the time by the
seller that it had once belonged to Don Adams and he gave us a copy of the
original title showing Don Adams as the original owner, with the address of the
Get Smart production company as the address. We thought that was interesting
but didn't make the decision to buy based on that. We just wanted a Tiger.
Then one day when Steve was working at an auto dealership, a woman customer
said that she had worked for the Get Smart production company and Don Adams at
one time.  Steve had her look at the car and she said she that she recognized
it and that it had belonged to Don and she recognized the wheels and some other
quirks about his car.  She said that the car was a gift from the production
company to Don and was not one of the TV cars. We sold that Tiger to a friend
of Chuck Daly's in Redding, CA.  He did a ground up and decided to sell it last
year.  We wanted to buy it back but we were not quite ready to plunk down the
money.  When we called a couple months later, he had just sold it at auction
for less than we were prepared to pay!!.  We were devastated to not get our old
car back.

Since then we have found a great BRG Tiger with original dress up kit (valve
covers, etc), Tiger manifold (I know it's not the best manifold but I love the
way it looks) and original LAT 70 wheels.

Who knows if it was actually Don Adams Tiger? We never presented it as such
because there was no way to really authenticate the information. I never would
have brought it up except I had to reply when I read the post on the list.

Regards,
Jane Sage