Tiger II Speedometer Cable

To: "TIGERS" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tiger II Speedometer Cable
From: "W_Pierzga" <W_Pierzga@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 20:21:01 -0400
Hi:

I am in the final throws of reassembling my Mk II and have run into a snag
with the speedometer cable assembly. The fitting that centers the cable into
the transmission goes into place with a rather loose fit. It is held in
place by a retainer that bolts to the transmission.

The assembly does not appear to be a good oil seal and I am worried that as
soon as I fill the transmission with oil I am going to have a big mess on
the floor.

The original cable was in pieces so I had the cable rebuilt. I am not sure
that I have all the pieces and that may explain why the fit is loose.....

I would appreciate advice on configuration of the speedometer cable and how
it fits to the transmission.

In fact I would appreciate locating a complete replacement cable assembly.

Many thanks,

Wayne