RE: Block i.d. more questions

To: "'Tom Witt'" <wittsend@jps.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Block i.d. more questions
From: "Fraser, Ron" <Ron.Fraser@usa.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 09:05:41 -0400
Tom
        C40E-6015C is a 289 casting and it should be a 5 bolt engine.   You
would need the engine ID tag to determine if it was inspected and sent to
the HiPo build.   The engine ID tag is that aluminum tag mounted on the
intake manifold, for most engines that tag is long gone.

        C40E-6015E is the 260 replacement and 289 casting.   This is the
engine casting number for all Mark 1 series Tigers with original engine
blocks.
Ron Fraser