RE: Dyno??

To: "SJC Worldwide" <ssage@socal.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Dyno??
From: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:23:19 -0700
Steve,

I'm pretty sure your problem is the mechanical advance springs in your
distributor are way too stiff. Depending on the distributor you have, this
is a relatively easy thing to fix yourself. However, it seems you would
rather have this done by the experts, and there's no doubt that a good dyno
tuner is worth the $150 or so they will charge you. They will also get the
carb set up right too. We have a terrific shop down here in Santee, the Dyno
Shop, run by Mark McNeil. There's Ed Pink in your area and I'm sure others.
Maybe Dale can recommend someone.  Here's Ed Pink's Website.

http://www.edpink.com/

Good luck,

Bob