Re: Brake booster?

To: Lon Walters <lon@sedona.net>
Subject: Re: Brake booster?
From: sosnaenergyconsulting@home.com
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 09:40:12 -0700
Hi Lon:
When my Alpine brakes kept locking up it was because the piston inside
the booster was "hanging up". Could be that the leather is dry (lack of
lubrication), or that the grease has hardened.  Mine also had some
pitting on the inside of the booster "can".  Ultimately, I put in a
different (used) "can" that had minimal pitting and polished the heck
out of the inside before Smitty put it back together.  Considering the
time and effort Smitty puts into his rebuilds, I think they're
inexpensive, though you can get replacement (non-stock) boosters new for
about the same price (or less).  Smitty's phone number is:
(619) 233-7937.  Oh, my brakes haven't stuck since then.

Regards

David Sosna
65 S4 GT V6
66 Tiguar