Re: Camshaft replacement question

To: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Camshaft replacement question
From: John Clark <clarkjc@stny.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 01:22:31 -0500
Hi Andy,

The Rootes shop manual says you can remove it without taking the engine
out.  They claim you can do it by removing the radiator and the front
grille.  My Tiger currently has the radiator out, and it looks like you can
get the camshaft out.  You do however have to get the lifters out
first.  That requires taking the intake manifold off.  Unbolting the rear
transmission mount and lowering the rear of the engine is usually required
to get at the bolts at the rear of the intake manifold.

I'll send you a picture off-list of my car with an old camshaft on top of
the engine for reference.

- John