If its not one thing its another!

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: If its not one thing its another!
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 20:04:52 -0700
After spending most of Saturday redoing the oil gauge, Sunday I took the
Tiger down to Qualcomm Stadium for the Autocross.
After two runs, I was moving up close to the start line when the clutch
pedal felt really metal scrapy in the last half inch of travel.  When I let
out the clutch, the pedal stayed on the floor. I stabbed the pedal once or
twice and was rewarded with a cloud of smoke from under the car!  I got help
pushing the beast out of line, revealing a big puddle of fluid.
A little bit of diagnosis showed a bone dry master cylinder and the fact
that I had neutral no matter what gear the shifter was in!
A quick call to AAA and 1hr and $44 dollars later the beast was back in the
workshop.
Tonight I put it up on jackstands and discovered that the slave cylinder was
hyper extended and jammed. This was keeping the clutch disengaged.

I pulled the slave out and I cannot find the retaining ring for the piston
OR the groove that retains the rubber boot.  I think the entire end of the
slave cylinder fatigued and snapped off.

I see that SS lists a new slave in their catalog, so it looks like this will
be a much simpler repair than I was imagining last night.

Erich