headers

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: headers
From: "Arnie Sugar" <asugar@hwageo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 16:00:34 -0800
I've been trying to locate some decent headers, preferably 1-5/8" or
even stepped.  Apparently CAT is out of the club headers (temporarily?
forever? - the CAT warehouse phone now comes up as disconnected).  A
local Ford race engine builder (Stan Johnson of Ford Powertrain
Applications - fordpowertrain.com) builds custom headers, and would
consider making some stepped Tiger headers if there was enough interest.
Stan is a well known and respected Ford guru in the northwest and
beyond.  The headers would be 16 gauge steel, with one-piece <" flanges,
stepped primaries (1-5/8" to 1->") and run around $450 for nickel chrome
finish, around $650 for ceramic coated.  Different flanges could be fit
for different heads/bolt patterns.  It would take at least 25 pair to
make it worthwhile to tool up for production.  I'd like to take a straw
poll, to see if anyone was interested.  Please note I have no vested
interest in this other than finding some good pipes for my stroker
project.  I hope this doesn't violate list etiquette, flame me off line
if it does.  Please email me off line if you:

1 - would be interested in buying a pair
2 - might be interested in buying a pair
3 - couldn't give a rat's exhaust port
4 - know of any headers for sale

Thanks,
Arnie Sugar